Simplicity is 1 of 5 core values in eXtreme Programming (the others being: respect, feedback, courage and communication). But what does “simple” mean exactly? Today’s 1-pager captures the rules for simple code.
[button link=”/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/EXtreme-Programming-Simplicity-XP_Wall-Skills.pdf” type=”big” color=”orange” newwindow=”yes”] Get PDF [/button]
Did you know there are compilations of our 1-pagers? About Agile & Scrum, Facilitation and for Product Owners
Content of the 1-pager:
Simplicity is one of the 5 underlying values of XP
What is the simplest thing that could possibly work?
- Passes all (unit) tests
- Expresses all ideas we need to express – Self-documenting
· 1 idea per method / class
· Names of variables / methods / classes reveal intent
· Methods & classes are understandable from their public interface
- Has no superfluous parts
· Minimal methods / classes / modules
· Only add what you need right now (”You Ain’t Gonna Need It”)
- Duplicates no concept, behavior or